All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionAre the educational systems in Europe becoming more similar or more different? This book deals with the issue of divergence and convergence in relation to systems, learning environments, and learners in vocational educational training (VET). 18 VET researchers from eight countries contribute to the examination of 'divergence and convergence' at three levels: At the national level this volume deals with the following questions: What are the consequences of the European policies that aim at converging the VET systems in Europe? What is the impact of globalization on the national systems? At the level of institutions the central issue concerns the relation between learning environments. What is the coherence between school-based education and learning in the work-place, and how can they connect? Finally at the third level of the learners and their identities the focus is on the role of vocational educational training in the formation of biographies and identities. The book thus covers the central issues on the agenda in relation to future vocational education.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Vibe Aarkrog is associate professor at the Danish School of Education, University of Aarhus. Her research field is vocational educational curriculum development with a focus on the coherence between the theoretical and practical parts of the VET programs. She is currently the leader of a Danish network for VET-researchers. Christian Helms Jorgensen is associate professor at Roskilde University in Denmark. He has researched and published on the relation between education and work, educational planning, workplace learning and learning environments, and comparative research on vocational education and training.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleStudies in Vocational and Continuing Education
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Note1 illustration
- Weight630 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byChristian Helms Jorgensen,Vibe Aarkrog
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.