All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiverse Administrators in Peril is the first in-depth examination of the work experiences of mirity, female, and LGBT administrators in higher education. Written by two award-winning practitioners in higher education, this vivid and intensive study of American leadership from the inside out illuminates how the collision between everyday life and systems of power takes place in patterns of subtle discrimination. Based on scores of interviews with diverse administrators, the book examines patterns of racism, sexism, and heterosexism that persist in the highest administrative ranks and provides concrete strategies and models for inclusive leadership practices.
- Author BiographyEdna Chun is Vice President for Human Resources and Equity at Broward College. Alvin Evans is Associate Vice President at Kent State University. His two earlier books (with Edna Chun), Are the Walls Really Down? (2007) and Bridging the Diversity Divide (2009) received the Kathryn G. Hanson Publication Award.
- Author(s)Alvin Evans,Edna Breinig Chun,Edna Chun
- Date of Publication27/06/2012
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationE. Boulder
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight277 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.