All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe decision to diversify lies at the core of corporate strategy and is one of the most important decisions for top management. Matthias Knecht introduces a new perspective on corporate diversification that extends the academic discussion and reveals substantial new insights with regards to one of the most pressing questions in strategic management: what makes a diversification strategy successful? The author introduces the dynamism of industries as the dominant force in the firm's environment that influences the organization on all levels. Due to strategic, organizational, and managerial similarities of businesses competing in similar dynamic environments, synergistic benefits and superior ecomic performance can be realized through the combination of dynamic-related businesses in the corporate portfolio. This study provides a quantitative, multidimensional operationalization of industry dynamism and an in-depth assessment of the dynamism of a wide range of industries. At the core of the study lies the investigation of the performance impact of dynamic-related diversification strategies. The results provide new insights into successful portfolio construction strategies in the face of today's dynamic environments.
- Author BiographyDr. Matthias Knecht obtained his doctorate degree at Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nurnberg. He works as a strategy consultant.
- Author(s)Matthias Knecht
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer Gabler
- Content Note55 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables, biography
- Weight486 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.