All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiversity among Architects presents a series of essays questioning the homogeneity of architecture practitioners, who remain overwhelmingly male and Caucasian, to help you create a field more representative of the population you serve. The book is the collected work of author Craig L. Wilkins, an African American scholar and practitioner, and discusses music, education, urban geography, social justice, community design centers, race-space identity, shared landscape, and many more topics.
- Author BiographyDr. Craig L. Wilkins, architect, activist, artist, and author, serves on the faculty of the University of Michigan Taubman College of Architecture + Urban Planning. The former director of the Detroit Community Design Center and Hip Hop architectural theorist is recognized as one of the country's leading scholars on African Americans in architecture. His work explores the various social, cultural, political, historical, and aesthetic contributions of people of color with the kind of broad and deep insight that derives from three decades of professional and academic experience in the field. In addition to numerous essays and articles, Dr. Wilkins is the author of the multiple award-winning The Aesthetics of Equity: Notes on Race, Space, Architecture, and Music and co-editor of Activist Architecture: The Philosophy & Practice of Community Design Centers. In 2010 he was named a Kresge Fellow for Literary Arts, recognizing his contributions in the field. Dr. Wilkins received his doctorate from the University of Minnesota, where he was later selected as one of 100 Alumni of Notable Achievement of the last 100 years by the College of Liberal Arts; his masters from the Columbia University Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation and his bachelors from the University of Detroit School of Architecture.
- Author(s)Craig L. Wilkins
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.