All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCovering a wide range of concepts and taking a broader perspective of what inclusion entail, this book offers an overview of current research, policy and practice in diversity and inclusion in the early years. It is a clear introduction to what inclusive practice means for those working with young children in the early stages of their lives. With case studies and activities designed to help students relate to diverse situations, the author discusses the main issues surrounding: -race -gender -culture - disability and Special Educational Needs - English as an Additional Language - traveller children - the contexts of inclusion and exclusion - good practice in early childhood settings - different perspectives of inclusion This is essential reading for students studying inclusion and diversity on early childhood or early years courses, and those seeking to promote good practice and enable all children to develop to their full potential irrespective of their background. Chandrika Devarakonda is a Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Education and Children's Services at the University of Chester.
- Author BiographyChandrika Devarakonda is a Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Education and Children's Services at the University of Chester.
- Author(s)Chandrika Devarakonda
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.