Diversity of Life: Volume 3 by Lisa Starr, Ralph Taggart, Cecie Starr, Christine A. Evers (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $103.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $140.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by a team of best-selling authors, BIOLOGY: THE UNITY AND DIVERSITY OF LIFE, 14th Edition reveals the biological world in wondrous detail. Packed with eye-catching photos and images, this text shows and tells the fascinating story of life on Earth, and engages readers with hands-on activities that encourage critical thinking. Chapter opening Learning Roadmaps help you focus on the topics that matter most and section-ending Take Home Messages reinforce key concepts. Helpful in-text features include a running glossary, case studies, issue-related essays, linked concepts, self-test questions, data analysis problems, and more. Kwn for a clear, accessible style, BIOLOGY: THE UNITY AND DIVERSITY OF LIFE, 14th Edition puts the living world of biology under a microscope for readers from all walks of life to analyze, understand, and enjoy!
- Author BiographyLisa Starr earned her B.A. in Chemistry/Biochemistry from the University of California at San Diego Revelle College in 1982. Over the next five years, she became expert in molecular and cell biology as she helped build a veterinary virology research program at the startup biotech firm Syntro (which was later spun off into Protein Polymer Technologies). During this time, Lisa invented the cDNA cloning kit and the mRNA isolation kit that launched Invitrogen (now part of Life Technologies). She left Syntro to launch a molecular biology division for a veterinary vaccine company (Synbiotics, later acquired by Pfizer Animal Health), and then spent seven years at The Scripps Research Institute investigating integrin isoform expression in development and cancer metastasis and training postdoctoral candidates. She was recruited to start up the biotech firm Ixsys/Applied Molecular Evolution (later acquired by Lilly) and to establish proof-of-concept for combinatorial library construction as well as antibody randomization/humanization at the fledgling firm. Prior to joining the Starr franchise, she was recruited to start up Desmos, another biotech firm, that was later spun off into Cythera/Novocell/ViaCyte. Since 1997, Lisa has been responsible for the incredible art in the Starr biology textbooks, and began authoring the books in 2004. For the past two decades, Cecie Starr has been known as one of the best-selling biology textbook authors. Her texts, appreciated for their clarity in both the written word and the visual representation of biological concepts, include multiple editions of BIOLOGY: THE UNITY AND DIVERSITY OF LIFE, BIOLOGY: CONCEPTS AND APPLICATIONS, and BIOLOGY TODAY AND TOMORROW. Her original dream was to become an architect. Instead of building houses, she now builds, with care and attention to detail, incredible texts based on this philosophy: I invite students into a chapter through an intriguing story. Once inside, they get the great windows that biologists construct on the world of life. Biology is not just another house. It is a conceptual mansion. I hope to do it justice. Ralph Taggart, Former Chair of Biological Sciences at Michigan State University, Ralph Taggert is now the chair of Geological Sciences. Professor Taggart, known for his outstanding research in Paleobotany, has taught the general biology course for over 20 years. Christine Evers has been creating multimedia and Web-based materials to supplement Starr and other science texts for ten years. She earned her B.S. in Biology from SUNY Stony Brook. After working as a research assistant studying the developmental biology of slime mold, she was awarded an N.S.F. fellowship to attend Yale, where she studied evolutionary biology and honeybee behavior. She has a strong interest in science education and serves as a member of her local school board.
- Author(s)Cecie Starr,Christine A. Evers,Lisa Starr,Ralph Taggart
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBiology, the Unity & Diversity of Life
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width234 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition Statement14th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.