All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionDivided States provides a nuanced understanding of some of the most important and impacting issues in EU-Russia relations, and is essential reading for anyone interested in the complex mechanisms that drive political and ecomic activity in Europe and the European periphery. The original and thought-provoking chapters, by experts in their fields, apply cutting-edge theoretical constructs such as hybridity theory, a hierarchical understanding of monetary relations, and an examination of asymmetric political and ecomic partnerships, all of which address key questions and challenges in the field of EU-Russia relations. While the specific conclusions expressed are as diverse as the issues analyzed, the findings point to a reality of regression in spite of progression in critical spheres regarding state and n-state actors, dynamics driving mutual exclusion instead of inclusion, and budding skepticism regarding nationalist values, social identities, and ideological sentiments.
- Author BiographyScott Nicholas Romaniuk is affiliated with the University of Aberdeen, Department of Politics and International Relations, and the University of St. Andrews, Centre for the Study of Terrorism and Political Violence. Recipient of the 2007 Geoff Weller Prize from the Canadian Association for Security and Intelligence Studies (CASIS), he is the author and editor of several books and numerous articles on military and strategic studies, and international security and politics. Marguerite Marlin received her MA from the Institute of European, Russian, and Eurasian Studies at Carleton University, Ottawa. She has has interned with the Canada-Hungary Educational Foundation and the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada, as well as a research assistantship with ESD International Consulting in Ottawa. She has previously published articles in The Globe and Mail and Inscape Magazine on underground theatre in Russia and Russian surrealist art, respectively.
- Author(s)Marguerite Marlin,Scott Nicholas Romaniuk
- PublisherDisserta Verlag
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDisserta Verlag
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.