Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionIn a bid to rekindle the torch of democracy, a longtime federal executive explores the political discord that has so many people fighting with each ather. If you're concerned about the future of the United States and the shortcomings of today's political system, then you're part of an ever-growing club. Author William W. Robe, who spent more than Forty years in the service of his country, is deeply disturbed by the lack of harmony within the halls of government. Social, ecomic, and demographic changes pose challenges, but Tea Party activists, Wall Street occupiers, and others are only making our problems worse. In this detailed commentary on the current political system, Robe considers a different approach to understanding American ecomics; truths about the national debt and deficit spending; two flaws in Adam Smith's original version of capitalism; and ways to find common ground on important issues. If the country's citizens remain divided, democracy will collapse. It won't be because of an invading army; it will be because of internal strife. Even so, it's t too late to rekindle the light of freedom through unity. It begins by recognizing that Divided We Fall.
- Author(s)William W Rob,William W Robe
- Date of Publication07/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.