Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.88Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI blow her a kiss. She catches it and puts it in her pocket for later like she always does. And then it happens. Why doesn't she look? Why doesn't the bus brake? Why is my body frozen? When 16-and-a-half-year-old Clementine Footner witnesses the tragic death of her eccentric aunt Stella, she feels as though her world will never be the same again. Clementine idolised her aunt, and their intimate bond was something she treasured deeply. But after finding and reading Stella's diaries, she learns about a very different woman - an unstable, erratic Stella. This Stella suffered from Bipolar ...and the whole family knew about it. Feeling betrayed and angry, with her life spiralling even further out of control, Clementine trudges through grief, despair, and the middle of where to discover what truly matters. 'I love this book ...It made me cry, but most importantly it made my spirits soar.' Jessica Rowe, beyondblue Ambassador
- Author BiographyHayley knew she wanted to be a writer when she was six years old. Her story 'The Vegetable Man' was awarded a highly commended silver certificate at the 1983 Wagga Wagga show. A whole lot of stories, a Bachelor of Education degree and some years later while working at Taronga Zoo as an Education Officer, Hayley expanded her imagination further and learnt to talk to the animals - well, more specifically, a chicken named 'Omo' and a pig named 'Clementine'. Hayley hopes to add to this list one day. After much unconditional support from her pet Bearded Dragon, Muresmo, and on one particular Tuesday when she was mere moments away from calling on the Cat in the Hat to help her with the housework, Hayley, who was suffering from postnatal depression, decided she would write a novel. Writing is an escape for Hayley; she does this at night when the rest of the house is sleeping. Divine Clementine is Hayley's first novel (and does not feature a pig). Hayley has also published a picture book titled When's My Turn? and numerous educational resources. She is a passionate storyteller and looks forward to the world getting to read and enjoy more of her work. Hayley is addicted to chocolate-covered almonds, is petrified of moths, and wishes life were a musical. She lives in a brick house on the beach in Sydney (to avoid big bad wolves) with her husband, Brett, five children (Indhi, Memphys, Tallulah, Sadie and 'The Bump'), two dogs and the Bearded Dragon.
- Author(s)Hayley S. Kirk
- PublisherRandom House Australia
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationMilsons Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintRandom House Australia Children's Books
- Weight265 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.