Diving & Snorkeling Guide to Truk Lagoon and Pohnpei & Kosrae 2016 by Tim Rock (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.64Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew for 2016, with updated images and wreck site information. These islands in the Federated Sates of Micronesia offer the best wreck diving in the world as well as amazing reefs, deep dropoffs and isolated atolls. Truk Lagoon (Chuuk) was the site of the famous WWII air raid Operation Hailstone that lasted three days and sunk dozens of Japanese ships in the waters of the vast inner lagoon. Today, they are shipreefs, historic wrecks adorned in corals and full of marine life. For history lovers or reef divers, these amazing dives have the potential to overload the senses and exhaust the superlatives of every diver and srkeler that visits them. East of Truk are the islands of Pohnpei and Kosrae. Pohnpei has amazing natural beauty above and below the surface, with a mysterious ancient city, many waterfalls, high mountains and a huge barrier reef. Two atolls also lie offshore. Pohnpei diving is famous for mantas, sharks and beautiful corals. Kosrae is also a legendary natural wonder, with very little coastal development to spoil the extremely healthy hard coral reefs. This is nature at its wild best. Kosrae has natural forests and a very special mangrove dive. This guide gives you everything you need to plan a trip to these wonderful Micronesian destinations. There are over 130 full color images and island maps. Dive locations are shown on maps and each site is described in detail. introduced with general location, most frequently dived depths, type of dive that can be expected, the dominant marine life and the logistical requirements. The author is internationally published marine photojournalist Tim Rock, who has lived in Micronesia for three decades.
- Author BiographyAuthor Tim Rock is an internationally published marine photojournalist, who has lived in Micronesia for thirty years and is widely acknowledged as the top expert on diving in the region. He has written dive guides for Pisces and Lonely Planet and is currently producing a new updated series for 2016, featuring the islands of Micronesia and Southeast Asia. Look out for other guides on diving and snorkeling Palau, Guam, Bali and Raja Ampat & Eastern Indonesia. When he is not writing Tim travels the world taking for underwater, aerial, cultural, marine and travel related images. His photographs of beautiful coral reefs, dolphins, whales and beaches are featured in galleries, books and magazines all over the world.
- Author(s)Tim Rock
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWater Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.