All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by the life and work of Bill Ayers - particularly his advice to teach into the contradiction - Diving In reflects the intellectual adventures that Ayers has always encouraged those around him to undertake. Written by leading educators and activists, the collected chapters within this book are as diverse as the myriad contradictions that teachers encounter in their day-to-day practice and their out-of-class musings. The contributors use themes suggested by Ayers's work to open up new perspectives and discourses on key issues in education, such as education as a human right, participatory democracy, social justice, and liberation. Diving In offers much-needed hope at a time when teachers need it the most.
- Author BiographyIsabel Nunez is associate professor in the Center for Policy Studies and Social Justice at Concordia University Chicago, USA. Crystal T. Laura is assistant professor of Educational Leadership at Chicago State University, USA. Rick Ayers founded the Communication Arts and Sciences small school at Berkeley High School and is an assistant professor of education at the University of San Francisco, USA.
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCrystal T. Laura,Isabel Nunez,Rick Ayers
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.