All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter exploiting India's divisions for years, the British depart in such haste that one is prepared for the Hindu-Muslim riots of 1947. The twilight of the raj turns bloody. Against the backdrop of the violent partition of India and Pakistan, A Division of the Spoils illuminates one last bittersweet romance, revealing the divided loyalties of the British as they flee, retreat from, or cling to India.
- Author BiographyPaul Scott (1920-78), born in London, held a commission in the Indian army during World War II. His many novels include Johnnie Sabib, The Chinese Love Pavilion, and Staying On.
- Author(s)Paul Scott
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication22/06/1998
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleRaj Quartet S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberBk. 4
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Weight738 g
- Width143 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.69Trending at AU $24.60
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.