Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElear and Elizabeth Cole are twin sisters but couldn't be more different from one ather. In fact - they don't even kw the other exists. Elear moves to Kingston Ontario in the early 60's. It is a time of social upheaval for the country when rights for immigrants, the disabled and women are all being demanded by a new crop of Canadians demanding some choices and power of their own. Fired up with the opportunity to teach, she runs into resistance when she learns that real change can be frustratingly slow to materialize. Elear goes through an ill-fated prison pen pal relationship, a disjointed teaching career, and begins to doubt her own choice. She finds the security of marriage to a young man with old money, and ideas that belong to a previous time to be more constraining than comfortable. When a group of intellectually challenged adults need a program leader, Elear finds herself in a role where she blooms. There, she is inexplicably drawn to Betsy, a young woman with Down syndrome, and the two connect over their mutual joy of music. The divisions between them narrow, and it is the beginning of a new life and unearthing of old family secrets.
- Author(s)Phyllis Spencer
- Date of Publication02/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.