All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionIf you want to introduce alternative power supplies around the home and garden or even live totally off-grid in your boat, caravan or yurt and need a practical introduction to solar power and 12 volt supplies, here is an essential guide to the subject. Not only will it save you money, it will show you how to run your lights, laptop, DVDs and music, and even your tools and household products, from a simple 12 volt system. Be in control of more of your home's own energy supply, develop a low impact way of living and be prepared for power cuts and for power down situations in the future! Do It Yourself 12 Volt Solar Power begins with a lesson in how electricity works and the main components of a DIY solar system. The author uses clear diagrams and terms. There is, of course, more technical information as the book progresses, but don't worry, this -nsense guide provides a useful, back-to-basics approach for the layperson. This is a reference book that will help you trouble-shoot and get the best value for money from what you can find hidden in the back of the garage. Quirky and humorous, it also shows you how to make a sun following system using just a bicycle wheel, a pallet and the motor from a CD player!
- Author BiographyMichel Daniek was born in 1964 in Germany. On reaching 30 he found himself totally dissatisfied with the German way of life. He bought himself a truck and left in search of other ways to live. During his travels Michel experimented with a small solar system in his truck and ever since has used solar energy in his day to day life. In 1997 he finally settled in a new home in an alternative village in the sunny south of Spain. He is now married and has two daughters, and works in many different ecologic and sustainable projects all around Orgiva.
- Author(s)Michael Daniek
- PublisherHyden House Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Series TitleSimple Living
- Place of PublicationEast Meon, Hants
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPermanent Publications
- Out-of-print date17/06/2016
- Content Note158 line drawings & 28 b&w photos
- Weight245 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- carl556020 Jan, 2015by
lots of great ideas and inspiration
this book is great for someone just starting out on their solar jurney and explains everything in laymans terms and is easy to undedrstand.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.