All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you beginning to see past the disability and starting to appreciate the gift? In this unashamedly honest book, David J. Burns draws on his own lived experience of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) to provide guidance on how to take advantage of the supposed disadvantage. The book is filled with often hilarious anecdotes, spanning the confusion of his early diagsis, to his marriage and life with his four children, as David proffers his advice on how to cope with everything from school work to flirting. Part memoir, part guide, and written with a refreshingly funny outlook, this book can be picked up and dipped into whether you're looking for encouragement, practical coping strategies, or a perspective of life as seen through the lens of ASD.
- Author BiographyDavid J. Burns is a keen supporter of families, schools, and children with autism or special needs. He works hard to bring people together and find solutions to difficult situations. David is often invited to speak at conferences and parent groups, where his positive and humorous insight is both encouraging and fun. He lives in West Sussex with his wife and children.
- Author(s)David J. Burns
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/02/2016
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight181 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byAndrew Sercombe
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.