Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $48.06Trending at AU $49.69
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor maint a warning: to the little, average people to wake up from the general apathy, as well as to the ones at the helm to stop or seriously modify what they've been doing so far. The chain of events in the book is based on author's personal experiences, his travels - his time spent in Africa, then Spain, and then, in the end his moving to the US. As F.Durkheim once said: If you're on a journey and the goal of that journey moves farther and farther away, you realize at some point that the goal is the journey... Author adds that the journey might be a comfortable, logical means to bring about humanity (as in M. Eliade - divinity then) in a person, or, just as well, might also be a killer, a senseless machine gone berserk, cutting you to pieces, all of which depends on our own doings - our own organization or lack of it. What is this world of ours? What would be life of a Saint in today's US? Loosely treated life of S. Jerome - here analogous to one of the main characters, Owly - ilustrates that question.
- Author(s)Jack Haberek
- Date of Publication22/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.