All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIn this study, the First Farewell Discourse of Jesus (Jn 14) is read in the light of the Old Testament and Early Judaism. At the beginning of the chapter, influence of Psalm 42/43 can be shown. In the central part of the chapter, the subjects of loving God / Jesus and keeping the commandments seem to go back to Deuteromic covenant theology. In the final part, prophetic anuncements of eschatological salvation are echoed. Thus, Jn 14 makes use of the three parts of the Hebrew Bible: the Law, the Prophets and the Writings. This is important for Jewish-Christian dialogue. The English edition of this book is based on the German original of 1984. In a Postscript the contributions on the chapter since the first publication are reviewed, and an additional bibliography has been added.
- Author BiographyJohannes Beutler SJ, born in 1933, Jesuit since 1954, is Professor Emeritus of New Testament Exegesis of the Institute of Philosophy and Theology Sankt Georgen, Frankfurt am Main, and the Pontifical Biblical Institute, Rome. All his major publications are in the field of Johannine scholarship.
- Author(s)Johannes Beutler S.J.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication13/01/2011
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleNew Testament Studies in Contextual Exegesis. Neutestamentliche Studien zur Kontextuellen Exegese
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight310 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.