All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever found yourself wishing things could be different but you weren't sure how to make it happen? What if a psychologist with years of clinical and teaching experience wrote a book revealing secrets that therapists kw but usually don't share? And what if this book supplied strategies for producing lasting change in your life? That is exactly what you get with Dr. Peggy Mitchell Norwood's book, Do Something Different...For a Change: An Insider's Guide To What Your Therapist Kws (But May Not Tell You). By combining insights from her years of experience as a therapist with careful observations from the current psychological research on change, the author compassionately communicates fundamental principles related to change and reveals secrets your therapist may t tell you. If you want something different you must do something different. Yet, most people really don't want to change. Why? Because change is hard, it's scary, and it comes at a cost. This book explains the common barriers to change and offers effective strategies to overcome them. Written in simple, straightforward language, Do Something Different...For a Change is an effective tool to help you get unstuck.
- Author BiographyDr. Peggy Mitchell Clarke (formerly Norwood) is a clinical psychologist and retired psychology professor. She is also an ordained teacher with Global Change Network, USA. She earned her Bachelor's degree in Psychology from Brown University and her M.Ed. and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Virginia. Prior to her teaching career, she worked as a psychotherapist in a variety of inpatient and outpatient mental health settings, including college counseling centers, a community mental health agency, and a large regional state psychiatric hospital. Dr. Clarke appears on Denver's 9News Ask the Experts program and has hosted her own radio show. She lives in Denver with her husband and enjoys cooking, swimming, walking, biking and competing in triathlons.
- Author(s)Peggy Mitchell Norwood Ph D
- PublisherLiving Well Press, LLC
- Date of Publication30/06/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiving Well Press, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.