All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionQuantum mechanics is a very successful theory that has impacted on many areas of physics, from pure theory to applications. However, it is difficult to interpret, and philosophical contradictions and counterintuitive results are apparent at a fundamental level. In this book, Laloe presents our current understanding of the theory. The book explores the basic questions and difficulties that arise with the theory of quantum mechanics. It examines the various interpretations that have been proposed, describing and comparing them and discussing their success and difficulties. The book is ideal for researchers in physics and mathematics who want to kw more about the problems faced in quantum mechanics but who do t have specialist kwledge in the subject. It will also interest philosophers of science, as well as all scientists who are curious about quantum physics and its peculiarities.
- Author BiographyFranck Laloe is a Researcher at the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS) and belongs to the Laboratoire Kastler Brossel at the Ecole Normale Superieure. He is co-author of Quantum Mechanics, with Claude Cohen-Tannoudji and Bernard Diu, one of the best known textbooks on advanced quantum mechanics.
- Author(s)Franck Laloe
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note29 b/w illus.
- Weight940 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.