All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you kw?
- The North American porcupine possesses approximately 30,000 quills.
- Porcupine quill tips are made of little hooks that make removing them difficult.
- Porcupines do t throw their quills.
- Thanks to their quills, porcupines can float on water.
- Author BiographyAlain Bergeron is a Quebec writer born September 24, 1957. Before becoming a full-time youth author in the fall or 2005, he was a reporter for twenty years in Victoriaville. The least we can say is that it is a very prolific writer, with over 130 books! He writes for various youth age groups, and publishes between 15 and 20 titles a year.Samuel Parent, pen name Sampar, was born in 1973 in Victoriaville Quebec. He is a self-taught illustrator and cartoonist. He made his mark in recent years in the publishing world by being a winner of the New York Times top 10 illustrators of the year for 2014 and by being a finalist for the Governor General of Canada 2004 (Youth illustration). He has also been a Mr. Christie's Book Award 2002 finalist Awards, a favourite books Youth Communication-Jeunesse finalist, and a Hackmatack Award finalist in 2003 and 2004. Sampar's illustrations fascinate and capture the imagination of young and old alike. He is the father of three children and admits: My dream is to make sure that my children can have something from me when they are old enough to be interested in reading.
- Author(s)Alain M Bergeron
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleDo You Know?
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width154 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.