Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe objective of this book is to encourage the reader to get to kw what we call common birds which, surprisingly, are t always that well kwn. Although aimed at children of between six and twelve years of age, this book has been written in an informative, yet easy-flowing manner that appeals to children and adults alike. It endeavours to educate without adopting the approach of an encyclopedia. Ten individual birds of various species are considered, providing detail about appearance, habitat, song, feeding, mating, nesting and offspring. Beautiful watercolours illustrate each text. These paintings have been created following careful examination of numerous photographs. The paintings accurately reflect the appearance of each bird in their natural habitat and on occasion, with their mate, specifically when the colouring and plumage differs significantly. The detail in each painting provides the opportunity for learning consolidation and further discussion, potentially enabling their use in a classroom environment.
- Author BiographyVeronique Cole is French and lives in Brittany, France, with her English husband. In her youth she studied at Les Beaux Arts in Paris and has since continued to refine her knowledge and abilities. Her preferred medium was initially oil, but in more recent years she has applied herself to the use of watercolour. Whilst conducting research for a commission to paint a bird, Veronique became aware of the lack of informative material that is suitable for children. Often the text was very limited and the illustrations basic or the information was presented like an encyclopedia and accompanied by photographs. As a result, she had the idea of painting a series of common birds in a style appropriate for children and accompanying each painting with an interesting text which describes the bird, its habits, etc. This first book, published in both English and French, represents many hours of research and creativity which hopefully will awaken an appreciation for nature, particularly amongst children. It is anticipated that further books of the same style will follow, providing the opportunity for continued learning.
- Author(s)Veronique Cole
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight106 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Veronique Cole
- Translated byTim Cole
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.