All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMom has a new family! She has a new husband who is t my dad, and worst of all, new kids. Girls! Just as it feels for the young child in Do You Sing Twinkle? living apart from a parent can be a hard adjustment for kids. And, when that parent remarries and has stepchildren, things can get really confusing for kids! Told from a young boy's point of view, the book sensitively addresses many questions that children may have while adjusting to remarriage and joint-custody situations. Kids and parents will learn good and easy ways to stay connected all around helping kids to feel special and loved. A 'Note to Parents' is included that will help parents talk to their children and deal with common but difficult emotions as they adjust to all the changes in their lives. This title addresses directly the kinds of issues kids face when parents divorce and remarry. It tackles difficulties of separated parents, stepparents, and step-siblings. It is a 'read aloud' book that is suitable for very young children but readable by second graders.
- Author BiographySandra Levins and Bryan Langdo are the writer/illustrator team responsible for Was It the Chocolate Pudding? A Story For Little Kids About Divorce, a well-reviewed book that is designed to help children understand that they are not responsible for their parents' divorcing.
- Author(s)Sandra Levins
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMagination Press, (American Psychological Association)
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width254 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bryan Langdo
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.55
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.70
- AU $38.18Trending at AU $44.62
- AU $33.21Trending at AU $49.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.