Do Your Om Thing: Bending Yoga Tradition to Fit Your Modern Life by Rebecca Pacheco (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.38Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom an acclaimed master yoga teacher and creator of one of the most popular yoga blogs on the Internet comes a contemporary guide to the full mind-body practice, combining intention and enlightenment with athleticism and physicality. While the practice of yoga encourages fitness, its benefits extend far beyond the physical. In order to have a beautiful, fit body, a yoga practitioner must understand and respect its inextricable link to mind and spirit. Yet for those who want a deeper connection with their practice, who seek enlightenment, there are few resources to provide guidance. Master yoga teacher, athletic model, and writer Rebecca Pacheco is the ultimate twenty-first-century yoga ambassador. In Do Your Om Thing, she shows readers how to benefit from the ancient wisdom and philosophy of yoga without repudiating its modern attributes. Divided into four parts-Philosophy, Body, Mind, and Spirit-Do Your Om Thing explores the traditional practice of yoga, from the eight limbs of the ancient path to the five koshas and the seven chakras of the yoga body. Pacheco translates these ancient texts for modern readers and puts them into the context of our everyday lives. Complete with a practical overview of the many different styles of yoga, simple poses, and sequences for daily balance, plus helpful tips on meditation, Do Your Om Thing is the ultimate guidebook for anyone who wants a workout that benefits the body and the mind.
- Author BiographyRebecca Pacheco is an acclaimed yoga teacher, writer, speaker, and creator of the popular yoga blog OmGal.com. She has been practicing yoga for nearly two decades and began teaching while studying English Literature at the University of Richmond. Previously a master teacher at the Baptiste Power Yoga Institute, Rebecca now offers her signature Om Athlete and creative Vinyasa yoga classes. A longtime runner and Boston Marathon finisher, she is also the resident yoga expert for Runner's World magazine. In addition to teaching internationally, Rebecca has had the honor of leading the first-ever yoga class on the field at Fenway Park. She lives in Boston with her fiance, Dan Fitzgerald.
- Author(s)Rebecca Pacheco
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarper Wave
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.