All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is a practical, illustrated guide to all the basic woodworking tasks, in step-by-step pictures. How to fit shelves and architraves, replace skirting boards and picture rails, fix cladding, hang doors, replace doors and drawers, and install door locks and security locks on windows. It offers practical information about different types of wood, boards, joints, hinges, fixtures and fittings. A guide to the hand tools, power tools and safety equipment you will need for working with wood. It offers basic steps on how to prepare and finish wood surfaces with stain, wax or paint, including helpful tips on staining and varnishing. Useful techniques include boxing-in pipes, tongue-and-grooved boarding, fixing cladding and replacing picture rails and dado rails. Most homes contain a large proportion of wood, either in the fabric of the building or as part of the internal fittings such as floors, skirting boards, window frames and shelves. This book will give you the information and confidence to tackle some of the repairs and maintenance that are always needed around the home. Do-it-yourself revations can be satisfying, and will save you money.
- Author BiographyMike Collins is a woodworking specialist and a regular contributor and product tester for The Woodworker. He has edited several books on woodworking.
- Author(s)Mike Collins
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 230 photographs
- Weight236 g
- Width135 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.