All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReissued classics, written in lovely simple 1930s prose Elizabeth Clark s Story Books are faithfully brought back into print as beautiful hardcover editions which are perfect for reading aloud, or as early experiences in reading alone. Beautifully written tales, they were extremely successful books in their day, reprinting over a long period. Drawn from folk lore, faraway lands, history and legend, these stories remain as charming and fresh as when first penned.
- Author BiographyAnnette Elizabeth Clark was born in 1875. She realized at a young age that she had a gift for storytelling, and with pioneering courage left home, determined to make story telling her life s work. She built a reputation, narrating her stories at gatherings of children, and became an admired lecturer on her craft at the Teacher Training Colleges. Beguiled by her performances, the press of the day gave her glowing reviews, including in the U.S., where she traveled and told stories as a guest of the National Girl Scouts of America Executive. In writing her stories, she chose only those stories that she had told to hundreds of children, whose responses had helped to shape and render the stories perfect for children everywhere.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Clark
- PublisherPikku Publishing
- Date of Publication06/06/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleElizabeth Clark Story-Books
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPikku Publishing
- Content NoteInk drawings, 4pp colour insert
- Weight227 g
- Width120 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nina K. Brisley
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.