Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $74.56Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.80
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.84
- AU $20.95Trending at AU $23.47
About this product
- DescriptionHugh John Lofting was a British author who created the character of Doctor Dolittle - one of the classics of children's literature. Doctor Dolittle's Garden follows Lofting's Doctor Dolittle's Zoo. Tommy Stubbins, Dolittle's assistant, reports on Professor Quetch, curator of the Dog Museum. Meanwhile, the doctor has learned insect languages and hears ancient tales of a giant race of insects. Fascinated, the doctor plans a voyage to find them - but before he does so, one arrives in his garden. Doctor Dolittle has landed on the Moon. He meets Otho Bludge the Moon Man, a Stone Age artist who was the only human on the Moon when it broke away from the Earth. The animals of the Moon flock to Doctor Dolittle, and he discovers how to communicate with the intelligent plants there. But will the lunar flora and fauna ever let him leave? In Doctor Dolittle's Circus the doctor needs money to pay off a voyage to Africa, so he joins a circus with the pushmi-pullyu as his attraction. He enlightens a circus owner who cares little for animals, fights against the practice of fox hunting and helps other creatures such as a circus seal and cart horses that is too old to work.
- Author BiographyHugh John Lofting was a British author, trained as a civil engineer, who created the character of Doctor Dolittle, one of the classics of children's literature. The Story of Doctor Dolittle (1920) began the Doctor Dolittle series and won the Lewis Carroll Shelf Award in 1958. The sequel The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle (1922) won Lofting the prestigious Newbery Medal. Eight more books followed, and after Lofting's death two more volumes appeared, composed of short unpublished pieces. The series has been adapted for film and television many times.
- Author(s)Hugh Lofting
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date22/09/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight789 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.