Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPremiering the day after the JFK assassination, Doctor Who humbly launched one of the entertainment world's first super-brands. We begin with a look at TV programming of the day and the original pitch documents before delving into the Daleks, which almost didn't make the cut but inspired many monsters to follow. After three years, First Doctor William Hartnell left, prompting the BBC to recast their hit rather than end it, giving us the first regeneration and making TV history. We follow the succession of Doctors-including Third Doctor Jon Pertwee, exiled to Earth and targeted by the Master-and see how the program reflected the feminism of the 1970s while gaining mainstream popularity with Fourth Doctor Tom Baker ...until declining support from the BBC eventually led to cancelation. Fan outcry saved the series only for it to suffer a repeat cancelation. Yet many continued to enjoy the Whoniverse in syndication, vels, audio dramas, and Doctor Who Magazine. Paul McGann impressed many as the Eighth Doctor in a 1996 TV movie, but it failed to reignite the series. A new age dawned in 2005 with Ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston and a serious special effects budget before Tenth Doctor David Tennant helped rocket the series to international popularity and a new era of spiffs. With Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith, the show became a bona fide success here in America. Following the program's fiftieth anniversary, Whovians will meet the Twelfth Doctor, ushering in yet ather era for the unstoppable Time Lord.Featuring discussions of concepts and characters, with insights from producers, writers, and actors from across the years, here is a rich, behind-the-camera investigation into the dazzling multiverse of Doctor Who.
- Author BiographyAlan Kistler cohosts the Crazy Sexy Geeks podcast. Recognized as a comic book historian by CNN, he has written for MTV.com, Wired.com, and ComicBookResources.com and has spoken at the Paley Center for Media on Star Trek and vampire fiction and at Geek Girl Con on women in science fiction. He divides his time between Los Angeles and New York City. Visit him on Twitter @SizzlerKistler or at AlanKistler.com.
- Author(s)Alan Kistler
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight26 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.80New
- AU $11.17Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $40.04Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $100.99Trending at AU $118.99
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.