All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2010, the eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith, first appeared on TV; in 2013, the year of the 50th anniversary of the first episode of Doctor Who, he regenerated into his successor, Peter Capaldi. This first book devoted to the era of Matt Smith and showrunner Steven Moffat is written by the experts on the Doctor. It is wide-ranging and varied in viewpoint and explores a colourful range of issues, including the performance of the Doctor, the gothic and fairy-tale genres, the portrayal of history on screen, gender and sexuality, the phemen of Christmas television, the transatlantic dimensions of the programme, its look and sound, promotional culture and audience response. Also discussed are Doctor Who interactive games and the spin off The Sarah Jane Adventures. Written in an accessible style, Doctor Who, the Eleventh Hour is a valuable contribution to Doctor Who watching and thinking, for all who follow or study this televisio phemen.
- Author BiographyAndrew O'Day is co-author, with Jonathan Bignell, of Terry Nation (2004). He received his PhD in Television Studies from Royal Holloway, University of London and has contributed chapters on 'classic' and 'new Who' to a range of edited collections.
- Author(s)Andrew O'Day
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleWho Watching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight386 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.