All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTrying to get Tegan back to Heathrow in 1981, the Doctor brings the TARDIS to the right place, but over 300 years early - in 1666. They are t the only visitors as Death stalks the local woods, complete with cloak, scythe and a skull-like face. In fact, 'Death' is an android brought by a group of alien Terileptils whose spaceship has crashed. Criminals and fugitives from their own race, they w plan to take over Earth. With Adric and Tegan captured, the Doctor and Nyssa try to deal with the deadly android, and a group of local villagers under the control of the Terileptils. But even if they succeed, can they prevent the Terileptils from unleashing an even more deadly from of the Black Death? This vel is based on a Doctor Who story which was originally broadcast from 15-23 February 1982. Featuring the Fifth Doctor as played by Peter Davison with his companions Adric, Nyssa, and Tegan.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1944, Eric Saward worked initially as an estate agent. After a short period living in Holland, Saward returned to Britain and worked in various roles within the publishing industry, and as a sales assistant in a bookshop. From this he moved into teaching and while working as an English teacher had his radio drama script The Fall and Fall of David Moore accepted. Giving up teaching in order to write full-time, Saward took various other jobs to supplement his income, including working in theatre. Recommended to Doctor Who's script editor Christopher H. Bidmead because of the quality of his radio work, Saward was commissioned to write The Visitation for Peter Davison's first season as the Doctor. On the strength of this script, Saward was appointed Bidmead's successor as the programme's script editor. Since leaving Doctor Who in 1986, Saward has continued to work as a freelance writer.
- Author(s)Eric Saward
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Books
- Weight92 g
- Width111 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.