All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $10.55Free postage
- AU $14.38Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionThe survivors of a devastated future Earth lie in suspended animation on a great satellite. When Earth is safe again, they will awaken. But when the Doctor, Sarah and Harry arrive on the Terra Nova, they find the systems have failed and the humans never woke. The Wirrrn Queen has infiltrated the satellite, and laid her eggs inside one of the sleepers. As the first of the humans wake, they face an attack by the emerging Wirrrn. But t everyone is what they seem, and the only way the Doctor can discover the truth is by joining with the dead mind of the Wirrrn Queen. The price of failure is the Doctor's death, and the end of humanity. This vel is based on a Doctor Who story which was originally broadcast from 25 January to 15 February 1975. This title features the Fourth Doctor as played by Tom Baker, and his companions Sarah Jane Smith and Harry Sullivan.
- Author BiographyIan Marter is best remembered by Doctor Who fans as the actor who played the Fourth Doctor's companion Harry Sullivan. In fact, his first role in Doctor Who came a couple of years earlier when he played the character of Andrews in 'Carnival of Monsters'. Marter worked with his friend Tom Baker on ideas for a possible Doctor Who film, and together they developed a script. Though the film was never made, Marter continued to write and novelised nine Doctor Who adventures for Target books. Ian Marter died in 1986. Robert Holmes, the original script writer of 'Ark in Space', served with distinction in the army and also in the police before becoming a journalist and television writer. Holmes went on to become one of the Doctor Who's most prolific writers. He took over as script sditor of Doctor Who in 1974 during one of the programme's most successful periods at the start of the Fourth Doctor's era, and established a background and society for the Time Lords that has endured to this day. Robert Holmes wrote for many other series including Doomwatch, Spy Trap, Dixon of Dock Green, Blake's 7 and many others. Holmes died in 1986, while working on the final episodes of the Doctor Who story The Trial of a Time Lord.
- Author(s)Ian Marter
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleDoctor Who
- Series Part/Volume Number22
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Books
- Weight107 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.