All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.66Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionA chilling story of human depravity and ultimate justice, told for the first time by an eyewitness court reporter for the Nuremberg war crimes trial of Nazi doctors. This is the account of 22 men and 1 woman and the torturing and killing by experiment they authorised in the name of scientific research and patriotism. Doctors from Hell includes trial transcripts that have t been easily available to the general public and previously unpublished photographs used as evidence in the trial. The author describes the experience of being in bombed-out, dangerous, post-war Nuremberg, where she lived for two years while working on the trial. Once a Nazi sympathiser tossed bombs into the dining room of the hotel where she lived moments before she arrived for dinner. She takes us into the courtroom to hear the dramatic testimony and see the reactions of the defendants to the proceedings. This landmark trial resulted in the establishment of the Nuremberg code, which set the guidelines for medical research involving human beings. A significant addition to the literature on World War II and the Holocaust, medical ethics, human rights, and the barbaric depths to which human beings can descend.
- Author BiographyVivien Spitz, the youngest court reporter at the Nuremberg Trials, has given over 500 speeches on the lessons of the Holocaust to schools, churches, synagogues, and professional groups internationally. She has been honoured numerous times for her work, including commendations from Bill Clinton, Al Gore, US Senator Christopher Dodd, and the state of Israel. She was the first woman to report on the U.S. Senate floor and has taken down the words of four presidents. She lives near Denver, Colorado.
- Author(s)Vivien Spitz
- PublisherSentient Publications
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBoulder, Colorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSentient Publications
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight517 g
- Width166 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.