All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first really easy-to-use consumer guide to buying, installing, and using electronic gadgetry including HDTVs and home networks, tablets, smart phones, MP3 players, GPS systems, car electronics and more, for you and me, t geeks! Smartphone, router, Blu-ray, LED - America's use of electronics has grown increasingly more challenging since the invention of the light bulb. If you don't kw how many pixels your HDTV should contain for maximum viewing pleasure or if you're ready to throw your hands up when you hear that you have to configure your Internet router using the WPA-PSK (TKIP) or WPA-PSK (TKIP) ] WPA2-PSK (AES) security protocols, then you need Eric Tauba s Does This Plug Into That?. Taub igres the jargon and demystifies the techlogy that can make our lives easier, but usually leaves us bewildered, flummoxed, and defeated - especially after consulting the manufacturera s installation and usage instructions. A Does This Plug into That? cracks the geek code and offers practical advice and directions for everything from purchasing a new TV and setting up a Web connection, to installing a home network and more. Does This Plug Into That? is the all-inclusive resource that will make you smarter than your smartphone while enhancing your gadgetry and electronic prowess. Does This Plug into That? is every consumer's Rosetta Stone, distilling down all the extraneous technical information into simple actions without the gobbledygook. Now you can join the techphile generation without panicking in the process.
- Author BiographyEric Taub is a leading technology consultant for Apple, IBM, Microsoft, Panasonic, and other companies. A consumer technology writer for The New York Times, Taub has written hundreds of articles that take arcane, esoteric, technical subjects and turn them into works that both education and entertain. He has also written two other best-selling books and contributed to the; Los Angeles Times, Talk, Playgirl, Parade, The Daily Beast, and many other publications.
- Author(s)Eric Taub
- PublisherAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationKansas City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width141 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.