All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA beautiful deluxe edition of the New York Times bestselling Dog Songs, w housed in an elegant box along with a special poster--containing a new poem from Mary Oliver, t released in the previous edition--perfect for framing and gift-giving. Beloved by her readers, special to the poet s own heart, Mary Oliver s dog poems offer a special window into her world. Dog Songs collects some of the most cherished poems together with new works, offering a portrait of Oliver s relationship to the companions that have accompanied her daily walks, warmed her home, and inspired her work. To be illustrated with images of the dogs themselves, the subjects will come to colorful life here. These are poems of love and laughter, heartbreak and grief. In these pages we visit with old friends, including Oliver s well-loved Percy, and meet still others. Throughout, the many dogs of Oliver s life emerge as fellow travelers, but also as guides, spirits capable of opening our eyes to the lessons of the moment and the joys of nature and connection. Dog Songs is a testament to the power and depth of the human-animal exchange, from an observer of extraordinary vision. The New York TimesDog Songs... is a sweet golden retriever of a book that curls up with the reader.
- Author BiographyBorn in a small town in Ohio, MARY OLIVER published her first book of poetry in 1963 at the age of twenty-eight. Over the course of her long career, she has received numerous awards. Her fourth book, American Primitive, won the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry in 1984. She has led workshops and held residencies at various colleges and universities, including Bennington College, where she held the Catharine Osgood Foster Chair for Distinguished Teaching. Oliver currently lives in Provincetown, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Mary Oliver
- PublisherPenguin Press
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Press
- Weight522 g
- Width170 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.68Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.