Dogfight: How Apple and Google Went to War and Started a Revolution by Fred Vogelstein (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.12Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBehind the bitter rivalry between Apple and Google and how it's reshaping the way we think about techlogyThe rise of smartphones and tablets has altered the industry of making computers. At the center of this change are Apple and Google, two companies whose philosophies, leaders, and commercial acumen have steamrolled the competition. In the age of Android and the iPad, these corporations are locked in a feud that will play out t just in the mobile marketplace but in the courts and on screens around the world. Fred Vogelstein has reported on this rivalry for more than a decade and has rare access to its major players. In Dogfight, he takes us into the offices and board rooms where company dogma translates into ruthless business; behind outsize personalities like Steve Jobs, Apple's w-lionized CEO, and Eric Schmidt, Google's executive chairman; and inside the deals, lawsuits, and allegations that mold the way we communicate. Apple and Google are poaching each other's employees. They bid up the price of each other's acquisitions for spite, and they forge alliances with major players like Facebook and Microsoft in pursuit of market dominance. Dogfight reads like a vel: vivid nfiction with never-before-heard details. This is more than a story about what devices will replace our cell phones and laptops. It's about who will control the content on those devices and where that content will come from about the future of media and the Internet in Silicon Valley, New York, and Hollywood.
- Author BiographyFred Vogelstein is a contributing editor at Wired magazine, where he writes about the world of high-tech business and finance. His writing has appeared in Fortune, The New York Times Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, US News & World Report, and elsewhere.
- Author(s)Fred Vogelstein
- PublisherSarah Crichton Books
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSarah Crichton Books
- Weight386 g
- Width145 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.