All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThese wonderful characters, fifty out of over 100,000 dogs a year that are unwanted and abandoned by their owners in this dog-loving nation, have sad stories of abuse, neglect and dereliction to tell. Often rescue dogs have been thrown out by owners who could longer afford them, or who found them inconvenient or naughty, or who simply could t be bothered with them any more. Many have just seven miserable days behind bars before they are put to permanent sleep by council-appointed agencies. Unwanted dogs are desperate. They yelp and whine and cry out for someone to love and save them. These lucky fifty have emerged triumphant and wagging, often against apparently insurmountable odds, to make their new owners very happy. The rescue charities are at crisis point. They need kind people to come forward and give these dogs a chance. Rescuing a dog can change t only the dog's life but yours, if you are willing to give it a try. This book explains how. It also tells you everything you need to kw about finding the right dog at a shelter near you, and getting him or her used to you and your home. There are lots of other books about dogs. This one is about the ultimately lucky ones that were in dire need of help and love, and who got both. DOGGEREL is being sold in aid of the Association of Dogs' and Cats' Homes, which embraces many of the UK's animal charities large and small. Right w they need your help.
- Author BiographyAngela Patmore is a Fullbright Scholar in English and author of a number of successful books. She was one of the organisers of the hugely successful Scruffts, the National Mongrel show now run by the RSPCA.
- Author(s)Angela Patmore
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication16/11/2010
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight405 g
- Width133 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.