All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionHonest, offbeat, and very funny, Tom Henry's stories about living in the country have been broadcast weekly on CBC Radio in British Columbia and have become favourites among listeners in the city, the country, and everywhere in between. This volume collects the best of Henry's anecdotes from Metchosin, a rural area on southern Vancouver Island where he lives with his family.
Henry writes about country phemena you won't find in the Farmer's Almanac: mud rooms, chimney fires, Hundred Chicken Soup, the country art of cussing, and Auction Fever, which cause a sensible, cut-your-firewood-in-the-spring man to stagger out of a barn with fifteen metal desks because it was such a good deal.
In fact, country life would be just about perfect for Henry and his family, if they only had a wet stinky dog sleeping on the couch. But the landlord won't allow it, because of an incident involving a German Shepherd and some sheep down the road...but that's ather story.
- Author(s)Tom Henry
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/1995
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Greta Guzek
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.