All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1923, William Lewis Judy purchased Dog World magazine for just over $1,000. For the next four decades, his unique, poignant, and witty writing and editing style, combined with his genuine love for dogs, enlightened a growing population of dog owners across the nation. A prolific dog show judge and breeder and expert on dog law in America, Judy had a vision that dogs would serve humans in ways most had t imagined. He championed their use in military and police work, and in their value as assistance and therapy dogs. In 1928, he launched the National Dog Week Movement, to hor man's best friend in a collective and thoughtful manner. Today, that movement continues, a testament to the legacy of this inspiring and gifted dog-enthusiast.
- Author BiographyLisa Begin-Kruysman is an established dog-blogger and administrator for the official National Dog Week Facebook Page. She lives in Bay Head, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Lisa Begin-Kruysman
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.