All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fourth edition of this bestselling book is packed full of practical, expert advice on how to navigate the murky waters of ethics, politics and management in your own organization. Multidisciplinary in its approach to action research, the book sets out a step-by-step template for researchers to follow and adapt. Coghlan and Brannick: *Introduce and contextualise action research as a method *Provide guidance on how to design and implement your action research project *Explore interlevel dynamics *Discuss role duality and access *Suggest effective ways to analyse your data *Provide helpful tips on how to disseminate your findings. The book and supporting companion website are the ideal resource for students, researchers and practitioners hoping to generate real change through their action research project and will be particularly relevant to those studying Business and Management, Nursing and Health, Education and Sociology. Available with Perusall-an eBook that makes it easier to prepare for class Perusall is an award-winning eBook platform featuring social antation tools that allow students and instructors to collaboratively mark up and discuss their SAGE textbook. Backed by research and supported by techlogical invations developed at Harvard University, this process of learning through collaborative antation keeps your students engaged and makes teaching easier and more effective. Learn more.
- Author BiographyDavid Coghlan is an action research scholar and an adjunct professor at the School of Business, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, and a Fellow Emeritus of the college. He specializes in organization development and action research and is active in both communities internationally. He has published over 80 articles and book chapters. Recent co-authored books include Organizational Change and Strategy (2006) and Collaborative Strategic Improvement Through Network Action Learning (2011). He is the co-editor of the four-volume set Fundamentals of Organization Development (SAGE, 2010) and the proposed four-volume set Action Research in Business and Management (SAGE, 2015). He has recently published the fourth edition of his internationally popular Doing Action Research in Your Own Organization (SAGE, 2014). He is currently on the editorial boards of the following journals: Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, Action Research, Action Learning: Research and Practice, Systemic Practice and Action Research, Journal of Management Education, Irish Journal of Management and The OD Practitioner, among others. Teresa Brannick (1950-2012) was a lecturer in the business research programme at the Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business at University College, Dublin, Ireland. Her undergraduate degree was in mathematics, her masters in sociology and her Ph.D. in marketing research. She had been a practising researcher for over thirty years and had published over thirty research papers in such diverse fields as epidemiology, public policy, industrial relations and marketing. She was the editor-in-chief of Irish Journal of Management and a Fellow of the Irish Academy of Management. She was co-editor of Business Research Methods: Theories, Techniques and Sources (Oak Tree Press: Dublin, 1997).
- Author(s)David Coghlan,Teresa Brannick
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/2014
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight399 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.