All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is archaeology, and why should we do it? Tom King, arguably the best-kwn heritage management consultant in the United States, answers the basic question of every introductory student from the unique perspective of one who actively uses archaeology for cultural resource management. Designed as a supplement for introduction to archaeology classes, this brief and breezy book runs the reader through the major principles of archaeology, using examples from the author's own field work and that of others. King shows how contemporary archaeology, as part of the larger cultural resource management endeavor, acts to help preserve and protect prehistoric and historic sites in the United States and elsewhere. Brief biographies of other CRM archaeologists help students envision career paths they might emulate. The bookends with an exploration of some of the thorny problems facing the contemporary archaeologist to help foster class discussion. An ideal ice-breaker for introductory college classes in archaeology, one that will get students engaged in the subject and thinking about its challenges.
- Author BiographyThomas F. King is one of the leading consultants in cultural resources management in the United States. He teaches dozens of workshops each year on this topic and is author of five major books in the field including Cultural Resource Laws and Practice (2004). Former staff member of the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation, he has been in the heritage management business for four decades.
- Author(s)Thomas F. King
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2005
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.