All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you beginning a creative writing course? Or thinking about taking one? Doing Creative Writing is the ideal guide to what you should expect, what will be expected of you and how you can get the most from your course. It clearly and concisely outlines: * the contexts for creative writing courses, explaining where the subject has come from and why that matters * the content, structure and delivery of the courses, helping you to understand how your course will be shaped, what you will be asked to do and why * the skills you will develop, from self-discipline and time management through to the organization of ideas, 'reading as a writer' and editing * possibilities beyond the course, showing how you continue to benefit from what you've learned. Drawing on years of teaching and writing experience, as well as interviews with a wide range of students, Steve May provides all the background, advice and encouragement you need to embark on a creative writing course with complete confidence and to get maximum benefit from every writing session.
- Author BiographySteve May is Head of the Department of Creative Studies at Bath Spa University. He has won awards for fiction, drama, and poetry. Radio credits include FACING THE MIRROR, CHESS WARS and ARTHUR, all broadcast in 2004. His latest novel, One Chance, was also published in that year.
- Author(s)Steve May
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2007
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight272 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.