All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDigital Humanities is rapidly evolving as a significant approach to/method of teaching, learning and research across the humanities. This is a first-stop book for people interested in getting to grips with digital humanities whether as a student or a professor. The book offers a practical guide to the area as well as offering reflection on the main objectives and processes, including: * Accessible introductions of the basics of Digital Humanities through to more complex ideas * A wide range of topics from feminist Digital Humanities, digital journal publishing, gaming, text encoding, project management and pedagogy * Contextualised case studies * Resources for starting Digital Humanities such as links, training materials and exercises Doing Digital Humanities looks at the practicalities of how digital research and creation can enhance both learning and research and offers an approachable way into this complex, yet essential topic.
- Author BiographyConstance Crompton is Assistant Professor of Digital Humanities at the University of British Columbia-Okanagan Campus, Canada. Richard J. Lane is a Professor and Principal Investigator of the MeTA Digital Humanities Lab at Vancouver Island University, Canada. Ray Siemens is the Canada Research Chair in Humanities Computing and Distinguished Professor in the Faculty of Humanities in English and Computer Science at the University of Victoria, Canada.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 black & white tables
- Weight748 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byConstance Crompton,Ray Siemens,Richard J. Lane
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.