Doing Diversity in Higher Education: Faculty Leaders Share Challenges and Strategies by Winnifred R. Brown-Glaude (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.13Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book makes an important contribution to our understanding of diversity work on the ground and the crucial role of collaboration among faculty leadership and administrators. It is an invaluable resource for those involved in diversifying higher education in a challenging legal environment. -Lee Bollinger, president, Columbia University Doing Diversity in Higher Education is an extraordinary collection of essays by faculty leaders from a diverse group of colleges and universities. Their candid analyses of a broad range of transformation efforts are a testament to both the successes and shortcomings of this important work. In the context of an ongoing backlash against diversity initiatives in the academy-despite the urgency of these projects-it is refreshing to witness the tenacity and courage of such a group. -Beverly Guy-Sheftall, founding director, Women's Research & Resource Center, Spelman College Incorporating case studies from a rich variety of colleges and universities throughout the nation, Doing Diversity in Higher Education examines the role faculty play in improving diversity on their campuses. The power of professors to enhance diversity has long been underestimated and their initiatives often hidden from view. Winnifred R. Brown-Glaude and a stellar group of contributors uncover major themes and offer faculty and administrators a blueprint for addressing important issues facing higher education. Essays explore how to dismantle hostile microclimates, sustain and enhance accomplishments, deal with incomplete institutionalization, and collaborate with administrators. The contributors believe working on behalf of diversity should t be considered faculty service, but rather a genuine intellectual project. This accomplished collection provides a wide array of models for institutional change. Winnifred R. Brown-Glaude is an assistant professor in the department of African American studies at the College of New Jersey and was the project director for the Rutgers Institute for Women's Leadership's Ford Foundation grant. She has a Ph.D. in sociology from Temple University.
- Author BiographyWinnifred R. Brown-Glaude is an assistant professor of Africana studies at Stony Brook University. She was the project director for the Rutgers Institute for Women's Leadership's Ford Foundation grant.
- Author(s)Winnifred R. Brown-Glaude
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2009
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.