All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever been stunned by a low grade, when you were expecting an A or B? Are you struggling to make the jump from a second to a first? Doing Essays and Assignments gives you an insider's view on what tutors and professors really want when they assign essays and projects, and reveals how you can raise your game and achieve the best grades. Drawing on a survey of lecturers, and examples of real student work, this handy guide provides practical advice to help you t only understand what is expected of you, but also get ideas on how to deliver what your tutor is looking for. Providing a behind-the-scenes look at marking, find out how you can successfully craft the perfect written assignment, and discover tips and techniques on: *Planning and deadlines, helping you manage your workload effectively *Gaining higher marks through critically formed arguments *Communicating clearly with the correct language, grammar, and expression *Avoiding common marking pitfalls such as referencing and plagiarism. This new edition also reveals how to successfully navigate group work, literature reviews, and presentations to improve your grades. With valuable insight from tutors, and practical tips to apply to your work, you might just want to keep this book to yourself...!
- Author BiographyPete Greasley is a Teaching Fellow in the Division of Health Research at Lancaster University. He has been marking student assignments for more years than he would care to remember, and not particularly enjoying it. He has conducted research and published academic articles in psychology, sociology, health, and education, and has also written an introductory book on quantitative data anal-ysis. Research and teaching interests include psychological and social issues relating to health, sceptical inquiry relating to pseudo-science and the para-normal, and how to help students avoid common mistakes when writing their assignments. He currently spends much of his time supervising trainee clinical psychologists doing their research projects at Lancaster University.
- Author(s)Pete Greasley
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/08/2016
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.