All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoing Ethical Research with Children is an invaluable resource for all student and practitioner-researchers who wish to hour children as active agents and significant voices in research. The book guides the reader through the processes of ethical research with (t on!) children, positioning the child as competent and capable. It includes practical guidance and examples of research so that issues that may emerge during a research project can be anticipated. My advice is - do t embark on an Early Years research project before reading it! Lyn Trodd, Chair of the National Sector-Endorsed Foundation Degree in Early Years Network (SEFDEY), University of Hertfordshire, UK Doing Ethical Research with Children provides an invaluable guide to understanding and managing the ethical implications of research projects with children. The highly accessible format includes useful case-study examples, questions and checklists and the four-phased approach supports the reader to reflect on ethical considerations at every stage of the research process. This book is a welcome and essential resource that positions ethical perspectives at the heart of research activity with children. Shirley Allen, Senior Lecturer Early Childhood Studies, Middlesex University, UK This is an admirably clear and well-structured book that will be invaluable for anyone serious about research with children. The authors write from long experience, and provide a very helpful 'step by step' guide that is always underpinned by deeply principled, insightful considerations that exemplify good practice and respect for children. The use of real examples along with the authors' questions, invite the reader to reflect on their own thinking and actions, and the extensive checklists and sample documentation provide clear guidance that will be a valuable support for students and their supervisors, researchers, and practitioners alike. I look forward to making good use of this book in my own work and in my work with students of early childhood. Sue Robson, Principal Lecturer, Subject Leader for Early Childhood Studies University of Roehampton, London, UK This book provides a step-by-step guide to approaching your research project and will support you in developing, conducting and disseminating research relating to children and childhood with an ethical imperative. Doing Ethical Research with Children will help you focus and identify many of the key issues surrounding research with children. The book presents an overview of both contemporary and traditional perspectives relating to child related research practices. The authors combine relevant theoretical and practical information, offering a guide to the essential elements for conducting ethical research with children. You are prompted to consider and systematically address these elements, with the help of: Real world 'points to ponder', offering unique insights 'Over to you' reflection activities Case studies considering ethical dilemmasWritten specifically as a guide and reflection tool for beginning researchers studying early years and childhood, the book follows the research journey from conceptualisation to dissemination and looks at the unique considerations for research involving children.
- Author BiographyJonathon Sargeant is a lecturer and researcher in Physical Education, Special Education and Classroom Management at The Australian Catholic University, Australia. Deborah Harcourt is Professor of Early Childhood at the Australian Catholic University, Australia.
- Author(s)Deborah Harcourt,Jonathon Sargeant
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight270 g
- Width67 mm
- Height95 mm
- Spine3 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.