All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionDoing Research within Communities provides real-life examples of field research projects in language and education, offering an overview of research processes and solutions to the common challenges faced by researchers in the field. This unique book contains personal research narratives from sixteen different and varied fieldwork projects, providing advice and guidance to the reader through example rather than instruction and enabling the reader to discover connections with the storyteller and gain insights into their own research journey. This book: * provides advice, practical guidance and support for engaging with a community as a research site; * covers the real-life theoretical, ethical and practical issues faced by researchers, such as language choice in multilingual communities, and the insider/outsider status of the researcher; * discusses challenges posed by a variety of mo- and multilingual settings, from remote island communities to large urban areas; * includes research from across the Asia-Pacific area, including Australia, New Zealand and East Timor, and also the US. Doing Research within Communities is essential reading for early career researchers and graduate students undertaking fieldwork within communities.
- Author BiographyKerry Taylor-Leech is a Lecturer in Applied Linguistics and TESOL at Griffith University, Australia. Donna Starks is an Associate Professor in Language Education at La Trobe University, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/04/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight310 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDonna Starks,Kerry Taylor-Leech
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.