Doing Research with Children and Young People by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.14Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The author gives an excellent overview and explores how children have been seen as objects and subjects in research as well as increasingly as participants and more recently still as researchers.' - International Journal of Research and Method in Education 'This book is especially beneficial in terms of its breadth of discussion on the legal, ethical and moral issues of conducting research with children and young people alongside the key methodological challenges that students and practitioners are faced when conducting this type of research' - Research Policy and Planning Doing Research with Children and Young People introduces researchers to the key considerations involved in working with children and young people. The book highlights issues which arise at different stages in the process and which all researchers need to take account of as they plan and carry out a study. These include: * ethical and legal issues * philosophical underpinnings of research * age and diversity of the children involved * evaluation and dissemination of findings. Doing Research with Children and Young People has been developed to accompany The Open University course Research with Children and Young People (EK310). It is an ideal introduction for all students and practitioners preparing to research in fields such as education, health, welfare, childhood and youth studies, psychology and sociology.
- Author BiographyMary Kellett is the Founding Director of the Children's Research Centre at the Open University where she also lectures in Education. She chairs the third year undergraduate course 'Research with Children and Young People' and is co-editor of the widely-adopted readers 'The Reality of Research with Children and Young People' and ' Doing Research with Children and Young People' (SAGE in association with OUP). A former teacher, she has a life-long interest in developing children's learning and in promoting children's rights and increased participation.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication12/11/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitlePublished in Association with The Open University
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight432 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byChris Robinson,Mary Kellett,Sandy Fraser,Sharon Ding,Vicky Lewis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.