All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPolicy makers are increasingly advocating the involvement of users in the evaluation and development of health and social services across the UK. At the same time, the value of lay kwledge and community participation in social science research has been recognised. This book is the first specifically to explore methodological issues relating to the involvement of refugees in both service evaluation and development and research more generally. It builds on a two-year seminar series funded by the ESRC and attended by members of a range of statutory and voluntary organisations, as well as academics and refugees themselves. The participants jointly drew up a set of good practice guidelines that are re-produced in the book for the first time. Key features include: a focus on the methodology for active involvement of refugees; a discussion of barriers to involvement; suggestions for overcoming barriers; analysis of existing practices and ideas for change; implications for policy, research and practice. Doing research with refugees is essential reading for anyone working with in the field. This includes academics, researchers, health and social care providers and voluntary organisations. Refugees themselves who are interested in their role in service evaluation, development and research will also find the book of interest.
- Author BiographyBogusia Temple is Reader in Research Methodology at the University of Salford. She has extensive research experience with service providers, service users and community groups in health and social care. Rhetta Moran is Senior Research Fellow at the University of Salford and has many years experience of action research with practitioners and service users.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.