All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a practical beginner's guide to both conducting and using research within the context of social work practice. A clear and accessible introduction to applied research methods for social work students and practitioners, this text covers the key themes, debates and approaches, including: - The ethics of social work research - Conducting interviews and questionnaires - Focus groups - Observation and narrative - The involvement of service users - Analyzing data With practical exercises and reflective questions, this is an essential text for undergraduate and postgraduate qualifying social work students.
- Author BiographyAidan Worsley has a professional background in the probation service, working as a Probation Officer and latterly a Senior Probation Officer from 1987 to 1997 before moving into Higher Educaiton. He has written and researched around themes of practice education, interprofessional learning, social work education, and practitioner research. He is actively involved - and committed to - social work reform, being a member of the Reform Board, as well as having roles with the HCPC and College of Social Work. He is currently Dean of the School of Social Work at the University of Central Lancashire - and is also co-chair of the Association of Professors of Social Work.
- Author(s)Aidan Worsley,Louise Hardwick
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.