Doing Visual Research with Children and Young People by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Hardback, 2008)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVisual media offer powerful communication opportunities. Doing Visual Research with Children and Young People explores the methodological, ethical, representational and theoretical issues surrounding image-based research with children and young people. It provides well-argued and illustrated resources to guide vice and experienced researchers through the challenges and benefits of visual research. Because new digital techlogies have made it easier and cheaper to work with visual media, Pat Thomson brings together an international body of leading researchers who use a range of media to produce research data and communicate findings. Situating their discussions of visual research approaches within the context of actual research projects in communities and schools, and discussing a range of media from drawings, painting, collage and montages to film, video, photographs and new media, the book offers practical pointers for conducting research. These include * why visual research is used * how to involve children and young people as co-researchers * complexities in analysis of images and the ethics of working visually * institutional difficulties that can arise when working with a 'visual voice' * how to manage resources in research projects Doing Visual Research with Children and Young People will be an ideal guide for researchers both at undergraduate and postgraduate level across disciplines, including education, youth and social work, health and nursing, crimilogy and community studies. It will also act as an up-to-date resource on this rapidly changing approach for practitioners working in the field. Pat Thomson is Professor of Education and Director of Research in the School of Education, University of Nottingham, UK. She is a former school principal of disadvantaged schools in Australia.
- Author BiographyPat Thomson is Professor of Education and Director of Research in the School of Education, University of Nottingham, UK. She is a former school principal of disadvantaged schools in Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 46 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byPat Thomson
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.