All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionDoing What Works: Literacy Strategies for the Next Level will assist educators as they support students in the mastery of vocabulary, comprehension, and study skills required by the Common Core State Standards. All strategies have been carefully selected based on their ease of use, utility in terms of scaffolding, differentiation, and simplicity of format. Judy Tilton Brunner designed this key sourcebook for educators who need or want to cultivate their students' vocabulary development, reading comprehension, te taking, and general study skills. Doing What Works provides practical, effective, and research-based strategies to help students remember and understand what they read at the highest levels of cognition: layering of texts, close reading, collaborating, using a variety of sources, teaching uncommon vocabulary, and posing text-dependent. By incorporating these teaching strategies into classroom instruction, educators will teach with purpose, and students will learn with independence.
- Author BiographyJudy Tilton Brunner serves as clinical faculty at Missouri State University in the Department of Reading, Foundations, and Technology. She is a regular presenter at national and state conferences on the topics of literacy, differentiated instruction, classroom management, school safety, and the prevention of bullying behaviors.
- Author(s)Judy Tilton Brunner
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight385 g
- Width179 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.